Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What the ... high cost of living?!?!?!?

I was talking with a friend about the high cost of dental care in Canada. He didn't think it was that bad. Then I told him that for the price he paid for a root canal, post, core, and crown last year he could have paid to fly to Korea, have the work done, and stay there for the time it would take for LESS than that. A root canal, post, core, and crown will run you around $4000+ here. The same in Cheongju cost $400-500. The prices are bloody insane here.

1 comment:

  1. I told all my family and friends the same thing over 10 years ago.
    When I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled in Korea, it cost me about $100. In the states, it would have cost about $1500. A round trip ticket from the West Coast to Korea costs less than that way less than that.
    The best part about getting dental work done in Korea is that after the procedure, you can still tour around for a few days before going back hoe.

    ReplyDelete