Monday, April 18, 2011

CostCo

I broke down today and got a CostCo membership. Now I don't have to count on others to go or get stuff. When you buy the membership you get a gift. Your choice of a hot dog or ice cream. I opted for the hot dog. I stand to be corrected but I think the hot dogs at CostCo in Korea were pork. These ones are all beef. Damn it was good. Especially with some add ons.

While I have been to Costco a couple of times since coming home I haven't eaten there. I swear the cafeteria has the same table/chair combo as in Korea. Something felt out of place though. something was not right or missing. Then it struck me as I was putting some jalapeno on the dog, the machine for mincing the onions wasn't there. There was pre-cut onion available but no machine to do it yourself.

It made me remember how Koreans used the machine. Most didn't use it to mince onions for their hot dog. They would mince a huge pile on a plate then cover it with relish, ketchup, mustard, whatever, and eat it like a salad. Ugh, definitely a salad I would pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment