Sunday, September 2, 2012

What the ... vengeance?!?!?

I read a post on Gusts of Popular Feeling today that had me shaking my head and chuckling. The author had been emailed by a friend warning about a phone number, 010-4878-4040. According to his friend the police were telling people not to answer calls from this number or they would be charged 250,000 Won. Of course it was a hoax. Yet another bullshit story that rubes across the world are willing to by into and spread.

What I found amusing was the reason why this was started. Someone pissed a guy off. To get revenge he started this rumour hoping no one would want to accept the other guys calls anymore.

On one hand, that is quite the revenge. I can kind of admire the depths the instigator was willing to go to for revenge over an argument.  I always thought I was vengeful but I have to take my hat off to this guy.

On the other hand just how fucking stupid are people? Oh yeah. Pretty stupid. The rumours of this nature that get bandied about thanks to the internet is insane. I think we all have had someone forward us a message/warning they got about a virus or something that turned out to be BS. Or gotten similar nonsense on FaceBook by someone who believed it enough to pass it on.

Morons, miscreants, and malcontents. At least they sometimes provide laughter with their bullshit.      . 

No comments:

Post a Comment