Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Memories

One of the best Christmas' I had in Korea was in my 5th year. Dinner with friends at Riccone. Great food and company. Then we went to Albatross for scotch and cigars. We wound the night up at Road King with more friends and drinking.

The atmosphere at all places was good. Christmas music at Road King ... not like in later years when it was some type of screaming music that just didn't fit a Christmas Eve.

Good times.

I always enjoyed Christmas at my hagwon the last 4 years or so. We would always do some kind of Christmas activities with kids and watch a Christmas Movie. I bought Jim Carey's version of the Grinch with Korean subtitles so we could show it to the students. I would always have the Santa hat and beard, no suit though unfortunately.

Good times.

I find I miss some of that right now. Mind you it is very nice to be with family for a change. It has been 5 years since I was home for Christmas and it feels good.

I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

To the mooks ... may you get your Season's Beatings. :)

2 comments:

  1. u brainswash student with american filth movies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard The Grinch called many things but never an "american filth movie" must be an X-Rated parody out there I missed or anonymous is just another anti-american asshole grinding their axe. Or both. :)

      Delete