Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I wonder if the Korea Times will try and push the claim that the Christmas Tree is Korean again this year.

The (Korean) National Institute of Biological Resources did threaten to "recover" their rights to the Christmas tree this year. The right being the right to scam money out of their claim. That seemed to be their big bugaboo last year ... they wanted their share of the Christmas Tree pie.

No follow up on that crusade yet. I wonder if the Korea Times will have a follow this Christmas Eve?




13 comments:

  1. On the first day of Christmas,
    Koreans gave to me,
    A bill for my Christmas tree...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Korea's National Institute of Biological Resources (NIBR), it is a Korean fir tree, which he says..."

    So...the NIBR is one dude...and he came up with this bullshit on his own. Wond-uh-pull!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was an "interesting" article. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They could have just rephrased the article and pointed out that that species of tree is good for Christmas trees.

    They actually are pretty good Christmas trees. Last year I drove out with the principal of my school to his bonzai farm to dig a couple out of the ground.

    Now the species of tree might be good for Christmas trees, but I don't think Koreans invented the idea of putting them inside a persons house and covering them with decorative shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They think they own the rights to the Christmas tree? What a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear they claim Jesus too. I say we compromise. they keep Jesus and we keep the Christmas tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Christmas tree, Jesus, Confucuis, pure blood. What else do they claim?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kimchi can cure cancer and prevent SARS and Dokdo is theirs, to start...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tree is a tree, surely? I think it was the Bavarians that started decorating them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would think that ... I guess some Koreans don't.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helloo visit from Turkey
    Merry christmas friend

    ReplyDelete