Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What the ... work ethic?!?!?!?

One of the things I find lacking here in Canada is some of the work ethic I encountered it South Korea. I am not talking about the coming to work even though you are coughing up a lung and will infect everyone else BS. I am talking about the not calling in sick for petty and/or selfish shit.

A co-worker here wants a 3 day weekend. S/He calls in sick. They want a day, or days, off and didn't get them ... call in sick. They don't give a shit how it will fuck over the rest of us. As long as it is good for them.

I miss working with people who didn't pull shit like that.

2 comments:

  1. But at least in Canada you receive proper and timely payment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true. It would be nice to have both though. :)

    ReplyDelete