Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winter Weather

Winter weather is finally here. Damn cold on a scooter when you forget your gloves. Damn damn cold.

Mind you I LOVE winter. I enjoy the cold weather and snow. Well, 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Korea doesn't get a lot of snow by my standards.

One of the benefits of the colder weather is that less people are mooking about outside. Maybe it is just my anti-social feelings talking but I like having less noise. Oh it is still noisy at times but not as bad as summer. Then I am happy to have the aircon on because the windows are closed and it is harder to here the people outside.

I remember the night I got home in June (went home for a month.) Made it in time to watch hockey. During the 2nd intermission I went out on the back deck. It was sooooo strange. It was ... quiet. I could hear a car in the distance. I could hear insects. There were no loud speaker trucks. It was eerily peaceful. Kind of creeped me out for a few minutes. ;)

Strangely enough I guess I did miss some of the background noise I have grown used to in Korea. Something just felt off for a little while because it wasn't there. Then I got over it and ejoyed the quiet.

3 comments:

  1. I fucking hate winter. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KRD:

    Heh ... I know it isn't for everyone. :)

    There was a light dusting of snow when I left work tonight. It made everything look clean, if only for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed the snowfall last night. It's one of the things I miss about back home. Walking in a heavy snowfall where all sound is muffled but the crunching beneath your feet. Looking up and getting the feeling you're flying through space.
    Then I go home and have a drink.

    ReplyDelete