Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gran Torino

I love that movie. Clint Eastwood's character reminds me of my dad in many ways. The movie actually helped me understand my dad in some ways.

One of the scenes that made me laugh was when Thao was walking home reading a book and a Mexican gang starts harassing him. His cousin is riding with some of his Hmong gang and sees it. They pull up beside them and BOTH groups start yelling at each to go back to their own country. The inanity of it was just too funny. :)

I can't remember another movie that disgusted me (the racism), enlightened me, made me laugh, AND made me cry before.

Some of the quotes ... damn ... :)


4 comments:

  1. Aw, you too are a crier. Hahaha.

    Great movie indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn ... I admitted that on the internet didn't I? Damn.

    Yeah, some can do it. Eastwood's character really reminded me of my dad in a lot of ways. Dad died from cancer too.

    Some great lines in the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I loved that movie. Clint Eastwood was really good, and the racism, whilst disgusting, was well portrayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gran Torino was good.

    Come on! I am sure everyone cries while watching a movie at least once in lifetime.

    I kinda cried while watching Changeling, especially when Jolie says "But either way, it gives me something I didn't have before today........Hope."

    ReplyDelete