Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where is my AM grumpiness????

Kind of a strange start to a morning. I am not a morning person and I rarely if ever am in a good mood before my first cup of coffee. Usually I have that at work lately as I am working days for January. Today ... I woke up in a good mood. Maybe it is the cold weather ... maybe the 10 hours of almost uninterrupted sleep I had. And to top it off my first coffee of the day was FREE. My boss brought me coffee from Dunkin Donuts. Hot coffee delivered to your hands. Great start to the day.

And tonight is a work drinkfest ... I mean dinner. Last time we had boar. It was fantastic. And shit loads of soju and beer. :)

Of course the pessimist in me is saying "Yeah, it can only go downhill from here!" Damn you voice in my head! Don't bring me down! Bruce?

Speaking of the cold weather. My boss said today is the coldest day. It was -12 when he checked. I just checked it is up errr down to -13. One thing I haven't found is the windchill factor. Someone told me with the wind one day last week it was -21. I could believe it. Almost froze my arse off, not to mention my face, on the scooter that day. What gets me is that they say the humidity is 68%. How can it be that cold and that humid?


3 comments:

  1. The coldest day indeed was last week. I am an Ubuntu 9.1 user, so I can see the local outside temperatures right next to my clock. It went down to 20.8 degrees, which was rounded down to 21 degrees. I remember checking if I had set my local settings to "Irkutsk, Siberia". This week almost feels like it's summer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was. Told one of my co-workers it was Canada Cold that day. Felt like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I knew it was cold.
    D'ya want to know how I knew?
    The Koreans in my office told me.
    I think they told me every five minutes, just in case I missed it the first time.
    "Cho-ah!"
    Yip yip.
    Every five minutes.
    "Cho-ah!"

    ReplyDelete