Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What a grey day.

I didn't think it was raining that bad when I left for work. Of course I got wet, but not THAT wet. My scooter on the other hand did NOT like the rain. When I stopped at a store to pick up something for lunch it wouldn't start. I tried kick starting it but no joy. I ended up having to push it the rest of the way to work.

When I finished work I figured I would give it a try and if it failed I would call the repair shop. The guy I bought it from is great. He will come and pick your cycle up and take it to the shop for only 10,000 Won. He will even return it to you for the same price. His costs are always more than fair. Whenever someone asks me about getting a scooter I send them to him, I carry a few of his cards just in case. But I digress.

I tried to use the ignition and it wouldn't start. But one step on the kick start and it roared to life. Stopped at a store to pick up some water ... and it wouldn't start again. Had to push it home.

I must say it does look nice out with all the fog. In the distance it looks like the road just vanishes. Kind of spooky watching cars drive off into no where. Or come out of no where. Some of the apartment buildings reach up into the fog and vanish. Kind of cool. :) Back home on days like this I liked the way the bridges just seemed to vanish halfway across the harbour.

My order from nicedeli.com arrived too but more on that later. :)

Sometimes life can be good even when it is being shit. :)

4 comments:

  1. I can't ride in the cold or wind. The bike's been under cover since October... You're one brave dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ride it all year. Brave ... foolish. Depends on who you ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole city of Seoul has become foggy. Never seen like this before. I wonder how folks, both the expatriates and the Koreans, will be driving their cars.


    "I got wet, but not THAT wet"

    Ewwww.....We/I didn't need that Flint. Why? How could you do this to your readers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm ... I meant soaked to the skin but I am intrigued by what YOU think THAT wet meant. :)

    uh oh I do have an active imagination ... oh shit. Sorry readers. Damn. Wait ... mmm .... ummm ... need alone time I mean with significant other that doesn't yet ... too much info must go. ;)

    ReplyDelete