Thursday, January 21, 2010

www.nicedeli.com

Do you live in Korea and crave some of the tastes of home, or the rest of the world?

If the answer is yes then you need to check out www.nicdeli.com in Busan and you won't be disappointed.

Stig and I put in an order last week. They ship every Tuesday and you should have it by Wednesday or Thursday. I got it in Cheongju on Wednesday around 1PM.

They carry deli meats and a lot more. Some of it you can get at Costco but not every city has a Costco. I have to go in to Daejeon. If your order is over 100,000 won delivery is free. Free delivery to my door, or work. That is sweet.

I ordered more than Stig. What can I say, I am an impulse shopper. The more I looked at their website the more the impulse hit me. :)

I ordered a few deli meats. Some pastrami, Genoa salami, roast beef, and a salami stick. I also ordered some chorizo sausages and another sausage (chipolta I believe is the name). Then I kept looking at the website and had to add the pepperoni box, green curry paste, saurkraut and of course some cheese.

Stig went for the deli meats too. Some roast beef, turkey, country sausage, hot dogs, cheese and saurkraut.

As soon as they had my payment (bank transfer) they let me know. They also emailed me when the order was shipped. They REALLY impressed me. Not just because of putting the order together but because of their customer service.

The hot dogs Stig ordered were listed at 8600 won. It turns out this is the BIG hot dog pack you can get at Costco. It SHOULD have said 23,000 won. When they told us the order was shipped they said that they made a mistake on the website with the price. HOWEVER it was their mistake so the sent the hotdogs at the 8600 won price! THAT my friend is excellent customer service. They also subbed bratwurst for the chorizo (which they couldn't get). The brats actually cost more than the chorizo. Like I said great customer service.

Back home you don't often see that level of customer service. The same goes for here in Korea. Last month I went to a bar with some friends. When it came time to pay our bill was larger than it should be. The waitress told one of the Koreans with us that they forgot to change the menu to reflect their new prices. My friends just sucked it up and took it. I refused to pay the extra. My friends covered it and they shouldn't have. THAT is crappy customer service. I was very impressed by nicedeli.com's level of customer service.

The order was sent out Tuesday. We were notified by email and given a tracking number. The order arrived Wednesday at 1PM. It was packed in a big styrofoam box with ice packs inside.. Everything was in good condition. I ended up sharing the Italian salami stick with one of my classes. I think I hooked half of them on it. :)






I will definitely be ordering from them again. In fact I am putting a smaller order in this weekend. Some of my co-workers want stuff too and I need the pizza crusts to go with my pepperoni. And MORE curry paste. :)


8 comments:

  1. Sweet deal, dude. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely being hitting them up for some foreigner friendly foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the link and for the information.

    They do have loads of stuff. I am glad to hear that customer service is awesome.

    Here goes my order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to help. Let me know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice ! It'd have been a life saver if I weren't going back to the Old Country soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is true. I am off in 4 months myself. But it will be a better 4 months now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh...You leaving. :(

    What about WTK moments? Where will I read about mookishness? Where can I enhance my word knowledge with the words such as "What the _____!"?

    WTK!

    The faithful shall make WTK!, WTD! and so on, a common usage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stig will still be here and I will have to talk about What the ... Maple Syrup stories. :)

    I have been looking over old emails I set home the first 4-5 years I was here. I have a lot to post just talking about them ... comparing now and then. Would NEVER have said I was naive but damn.

    ReplyDelete