Thursday, May 20, 2010

Health Care Differences.

I have always liked how easy it is to see a doctor in Korea. No appointment needed. I have also been lucky enough to find some good doctors with decent English.

Before I left South Korea I picked up a case of cellulitis in both legs. It pretty much cleared up in the left leg but the right leg started getting bad again. It is MUCH easier to get treated in South Korea. Most doctors do x-rays, take blood, do IV's, etc right in their office or clinic.

Not so in Canada. To be properly treated I need an anti-biotic IV. In Canada this means I have to go to the local ER. On a bad day this could take 5+ hours. Luckily, today was a good day. I was in and out in 2 hours. In South Korea it would all be done in my doctors office.

Also in the lucky category I only needed the IV today. If they decided I needed the IV every day for a while I would have to go to the ER and wait EVERY day.

While I do like health care in Canada I miss the easy access in South Korea

No comments:

Post a Comment