Monday, May 3, 2010

What the ... dating etiquette?

What the kimchi is up with people dating in Korea?!?!? They seem to ignore each other when out. Why date someone if you are just going to ignore them?

Case in point a couple that had dinner in the same restaurant as Stig and I Saturday night. He was watching TV on his phone. She was talking on her phone and when finished sat there looking bored while he watched TV. The TV went off when the food came. Until that point they pretty much ignored each other.

This brought to mind the many times I have seen this kind of thing happen. It isn't just Korean-Korean couples either. One of my friends from the US complained a lot about how his gf would answer a call, or even make one, and be on the phone 15-20 minutes while on a date. What the kimchi?!?!?

If I was on a date with someone and they ended up on the phone for a non-emergency phone call for 15+ minutes I would walk out on them. Hell I would be tempted at 5 minutes if it wasn't an important call. Let alone if my date started watching their TV/Phone. If they are that bored they could just piss off.



No comments:

Post a Comment