Thursday, March 11, 2010

Chrissy Snowflakes™ vs The Toad Man

After reading Chrissy Snowflakes™ self-congratulatory "look where I appear" comments I felt sad and dejected. I felt unworthy. Someone like Chrissy Snowflakes™ can appear in a couple of places why don't I? Maybe Chrissy is right and he is just better than the rest of us.

Then I talked to my peeps and begged them, for the love of whatever God/Goddess they believe in, to pray and find out why a windbag could be so popular. Chrissy may well have a popular blog that reaches people's most basic need to sleep. (In the same way a politician droning on about nothing can help you get to sleep.) It has nothing credible to help people laugh at the bull shit they will encounter in their daily life in Korea. I can't believe he considers himself popular and hope he just drones himself into a coma.

Then I looked at the referrals for people coming to my site. Oh my god or goddess. I am great. My reach is far. Just look at the Google searches that brought people to my site. That is ... if i actually gave a shit about any of that or needed to reassure myself and make others aware of how great I am. I have better things to do than than that. People who go on about stuff like that tend to seem kind of pathetic to me. Self-important blow hards.

Seriously though Chrissy. Chris. You take yourself and more importantly An Idiot's Tale, too seriously. Lighten up and either enjoy what he writes or, and this could be hard to do, don't go to his site. Hell you shot yourself in the foot with your pathetic plea to others not to go to his site. Odds are you BOOSTED his readership. When told to ignore something most people tend to check it out.

The purpose of Blogs isn't just to do something credible to assist people. Maybe that is what Chris wants his blog to do. Just because that is what he wants doesn't mean everyone has to do the same thing. It is kind of pretentious of someone to think others must do it their way. A blog can be whatever anyone wants it to be. Whether a diary, a place for discussion, a myriad of things. It is nice that Chris hopes to do that with his Blog but Idiot's Tale never pretended to be like his blog. Ever.

For me, his blog fails to reach his goal. Mainly because it is hard to read his posts. He is just too verbose. It is nice to have pictures to show people things to see but seriously 5 sentences describing an empty field where something MIGHT be reconstructed? Zzzzzzzzzzz. That is me though. It might work for others. I hope it does.

I have been to Chris' site before his issues with Idiot's Tale started. I never book marked it or went back pretty much for the reasons I just stated. My problems with his "style" of blogging are not new. Unlike him when I don't like a blog I stay away and don't talk about it (at least until now). If others like it and talk about it more power to them. To denigrate them and try and get others to ignore them just because you don't like their style is kind of ... petty.

10 comments:

  1. Blian Golden Balls post. :)

    The '10 Magazine voting' brought worst of the bloggers. Each blog has its own charm. Chris's posts on myriad tours, Brian's newsworthy analytical posts and Idiot's rather tongue-in-cheek take on his "mundane" life all make a great read. The readers, objective and broadminded that they are, understand who is good for what.

    We can't compare analytical posts of Brian and of Grand Narrative with unassuming and humorous posts of Idiot.

    There is nothing wrong in having "seriousness" and "humor" in blogging world. End of the day a blog is a personal post shared with the public. To each his own.

    And finally, we need Flint & Stig production for WTK moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ajay

    Well said.

    I just don't understand people who take the humourous blogs seriously. Read what you like and ignore the rest.

    Stig and I were talking about the vote on the weekend And I said the vote is a fail. It doesn't reflect what the readers of 10 read. It became a pissing contest between bloggers. Some of whom seem to think it actually means something to win it.

    I am kind of glad that WTK was not in the running. Strange because I know 3 people who voted for it. But no big deal. Not something worth complaining about to 10.

    Now I can go back to doing what I do best. Complaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, this contest is a joke, which is why I'm happy to not be listed in it, even though more than at least 10 people voted for me in "others".

    Poor Crissy Snowflake is really not my cup of tea. I prefer Asmith's diary and of course yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mr. B

    There are a number of blogs I check daily, for different reasons. The variety is nice.

    And congrats again to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol is there anything more pathetic than a self-important blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There aren't many things more pathetic than that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clissy Snowflake is kind of the same in person as he is on his blog. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  8. If true I can't say I would be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you, I can't get through Chrissy Snowflake's blog. Ten pictures to show a temple that looked exactly like the last temple. Snore.

    I'd screw and marry kimchi 100 times a day before subjecting myself to Chrissy Snowflakes.

    Btw, Clissy Snowfrakes is now my favorite Mr. Idiot-ism.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lousy

    yeah it kind of rolls off the tongue. Clissy Snowfrake.

    ReplyDelete