Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cigars - Monte Cristo No.2


As you know if you read the blog both Stig and myself like to have a good stogie. I figured I may as well write about it. Neither of us is a regular smoker. Although lately we have been having 1 or 2 cigars a weekend.

Back home every Friday night was usually cigar and rum night at my brother's. Only thing that kept me sane some times. :)

I smoked a Monte Cristo No. 2 (aka Pyramid or Torpedo) yesterday and today. It is a damn fine cigar. It is the most popular of the Monte Cristo brand. Before trying this one I swore by Monte Cristo No. 4's. I like this more.

It started off with a kind of mild taste. After a few puffs the flavours picked up. It had a spicy taste to it that made my lips tingle. (They are tingling now just thinking of it.)

About halfway through the flavours started to change. It began to have a rich and strong cedar flavour, and some other tastes I can't figure out.

It finished off with a nice mix of flavours. Kind of woody and rich.

Throughout the experience it exhibited a great draw. There was no problem lighting it and keeping it going. The ash was strong and in a good setting would have stood for a while. About the only problem I encountered with this cigar, both nights, was a slightly uneven burn. There was no bitterness to the taste in the end.

If you are looking for a good cigar this is it. Perfect for a long lazy smoke over coffee on a Sunday. Or a night out with the boys drinking rum or scotch.

The cigar has a fantastic aroma. More than a few heads turned in pleasure from the smell.

All in all a fantastic smoke that had a great after taste.


5 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of the big cigars, but I really enjoy a Romeo&Juliette once in a while with my Dad, on the patio, sipping on Armagnac or on Cognac talking about stuffs.

    I'm a cigarillo smoker. I smoke "Moods'", and it's tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some cigarillos are good too. I am not a fan of the flavoured ones. (Chocolate, cherry, vanilla, .etc ...)

    Romeo & Juliette No 4 are my regular. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite cigar is the Romeo y Julieta No. 2. I think it is a fine smoke. Good flavour.
    I never smoked before I came to Korea, and a friend gave me a cigar a couple of years ago.
    I've written before about where we get our cigars, and you can consider this another recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you can Cubans over here in Korea?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes you can. And they deliver. :) Maskas is a cigar shop in the Marriot in Seoul. Their e-mail is maska.inc@gmail.com, and their web site is www.maskascigars.com

    Decent selection. Great customer service.

    ReplyDelete