Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cigars - Partagas Serie D No. 4



I just finished a Partagas Serie D No. 4 Robusto. I have had some Partagas in the past. A few of them disappointing. Bad burns. Horrible draws. Overall they just seemed lacking. It left me with, no pun intended, a bad taste in my mouth. This one left me wanting more.

It started off kind of leathery yet spicy. But it didn't make my lips tingle right off the bat. The aroma was superb. Part way through it became stronger. Which wasn't a bad thing. My lips were tingling. It is hard to describe the flavour change. A little spicier and stronger. Then it just became ... perfect. A strong rich flavour. Maybe a little ... hmmm ... choclatey? Great finish, after taste, and overall aroma.

It held the ash quite well. Over halfway through before it dropped.

My main complaints are that it had a slightly uneven burn the whole way through. Also, for some reason, towards the end the draw wasn't as good. Mind you these are minor complaints compared to the overall experience.

Ok one more complaint. It ended too soon. I wanted more. :)




It is a cigar I will definitely buy again. If I had a humidor it would have a place in it. When I have one, soon I hope, it has a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment