Saturday, March 20, 2010

Year 1 - Poster Boys

Hi

Yes, ANOTHER update, and this one won't seem like a rant, or a history lesson. I hope. ;)

This weeks is the start of another month, and new classes. Some of the classes are going to be LARGE, as University just restarted for another semester. Right now I am doing 9 hour days 3 days a week, 7 hour days the rest. That will change soon, as some clases, those with low attendance, are dropped. I am now teaching the high level "free talking" classes, as well as the other level classes. It is fun.

Some of my old students have moved up to the higher levels. Others have stayed where they were. Plus I have a lot of new students. I also have 2 permanent kids classes, all beginners, 3 times a week. They are basically learning, well, the basics. The alphabet, etc. It is going to be challenging to keep them interested, and it should be fun.

Yesterday I went out looking at antiques with another teacher. He is VERY creative and bought some old screen so he could redo them to look like traditional Korean screens, and attach 3 of them together to make a large folding screen. Knowing Matt's talent it will look very nice. I saw some interesting pottery. One piece was from the Josun era and is pretty expensive. I also same a nice, old, and very rare book case I would love to have. However, hearing the word rare I decided not to even ask the price. ;)

Today, well, I had to go to the local police station. I had my picture taken along with Matt and a Police officer. Matt and I will be on posters in the area with the police, showing them helping foreigners. Advertising and PR stuff for the upcoming World Cup. I am hoping to get some tickets to see a game or two. If I get a copy of the pic, or can get a poster scanned I MIGHT email or post it. ;)

Take care
Flint

********

Never did get a copy of the poster. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment