Friday, March 12, 2010

What the ... crappy food?!?!?

My hagwon actually buys food for the teachers. Unfortunately, it is catered from some lousy Korean catering place. It is usually barely palatable.

For the 3rd fucking day in a row it was ALL veg. Not just all veg but pretty much all veg done the same bloody way. Cucumber and gochujang. carrots, onion, and gochujang. Bean sprouts in gochujang. You get the idea eh? Not only bean sprouts that way but the soup was spicy bean sprout soup. What the kimchi? And the rice was pre-cooked! What the fucking kimchi?!?!? We have a god damn rice cooker!

Oh and when there is meat it isn't that good. They consider hot dogs sliced up and slathered in gochujang to be a dinner meat. No idea what the meat was one day but it was ... gray. I took one look and couldn't eat it.

How about some fucking variety? Oh wait, where am I? The land of lousy rice, lousy kimchi, and lousy soup being the focus of EVERY lousy meal. (Sorry Lousy Korea, I was channeling you while typing that.) Variety!!!!!

Usually I bring something of my own. Sandwhiches (Thank you nicedeli.com!!! You are the best!) Or lunch is enough to tide me over. This week life has been more hectic, or I have been lazier, and have had to see what there was to eat here.

The Koreans hate the food but none of them will say anything to the boss. And as much as they hate it they STILL chow down every night. Stuffing their mouths full and eating with them open. Making fucking disgusting crunching, slurping, and smacking sounds. Gotta stop there or I will start digressing too much.

A couple of them said I should complain to the boss and ask for better food. Fuck that, Grow a set and do it yourself. I will just have to bring my own in as per usual or suffer through until I finish work and can eat.

There is good food to be found in Korea. Just not at my workplace.

2 comments:

  1. That's why I pack my lunch in an adorable little bento.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I have to force myself to make something the night before so I can just grab it and go in the morning.

    ReplyDelete