Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Alizee

Alizee is a French pop singer, who I first became aware of here in Korea about three years ago.
I was working in Daegu, at a middle school in the nort-west suburb of Chilgok. It was a fairly nice little enclave, close to the city but a little removed from the worst of the pollution.
I was the only English teacher working there, except for one other man, a newbie to Korea.
When he was setting up his bank account, they gave him an MP3 player, with some songs and videos already on it. One of them featured a beautiful young woman, singing "Las Islas Bonitas." Well, this fool couldn't figure out who she was, so I got on the Internet and looked up the song. One of the singers was Madonna, and the other was someone called Alizee.
Going to Youtube, I was able to find a number of videos featuring her talents, each one more sexy than the last. Do me a favour and check her out. You won't be disappointed.
Alizee first came to fame by singing a song called "Moi Lolita." Guess what the subject matter is. She rode the notoriety and her talent to the top of the charts. Now she's on her third album, still very popular, and still very beautiful.
Flint and I love her very much.

14 comments:

  1. Nice voice and easy on the eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you've worked in the suckiest part of Daegu as well. I feel a little better about my own situation now hah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought of Chilgok as the suckiest part of Daegu. I mean it sucks, but there're other parts that suck just as much, if not more.
    I worked in Jisan/Boemmel-dong, and that sucked pretty much the same as Chilgok.
    I also worked in Isan(sp?)-dong, and that REALLY sucked. Waaaaaaay out on the west side, which made the cab ride from downtown kind of expensive.
    So, as you can see, each and every dong in Daegu can give you a lesson about sucking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shes talentless bitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

      Delete
    2. Someone needs to learn their Python.

      Delete
  5. Now thems fighting words you fucktard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous: I burst my pimples at you, and call your criticism a silly thing! You tiny-brained electric donkey-bottom biter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. she ugly 소녀시대 rules!!!

    대한민국!!!!

    ReplyDelete