Sunday, February 28, 2010

What the ... shopping?!?!?

A tip of the hat to Lousy Korea for bringing the topic up. Normally I hate going shopping. In Korea I have learned to loathe it. Koreans just have no clue how to behave in public a lot of the time. Their oblivious-selfishness can be infuriating and sometimes painful. It never fails that at least one mook hits me with their cart, clips my cart, or blocks me. If only one does it that is a good day.

It doesn't matter if you are next in line or people are ahead of you. Some dumb bitch will think that hitting you (gently or hard) will make the line move.

Then you get the twats that think they need a whole fucking aisle to themselves. They position themselves in the middle of the aisle and slowly stroll down. Often leaving their cart in the middle while they check out a shelf. Or something shiny attracts their attention and they walk towards it while letting their cart go off in another direction, usually towards me or my cart.

Then you have the couple shopping who have to use TWO carts to hog an aisle.

I remember one time, one of my WORST experiences in HomePlus, I got behind a couple like that. Each had a shopping cart and of course were going up the aisle I needed to go up. They slowly proceeded when a cart came down said aisle. The female of the duo looked at the woman pushing the cart almost into hers. Botsh started squealing, jumping, and whining as Koreans are wont to do when they run into someone they know. (Almost literally run into in this case.) Then the fucking bitches STOP and start yammering away blocking the entire aisle. That is about when I popped my cork.

I had already been hit, bumped, and blocked about 10 times in 20 minutes at this point. To say I was ready to throw down would be an understatement. I started off by yelling at the woman and her friend for blocking the aisle and assailing my ears with their high pitched whiny ass cartoon voices. The male of the duo looked at me, started to say something, then did the smart thing and shut the fuck up and got out of the way. I don't hit woman. Men, no problem. The woman had that classic mook "I did something wrong expression" on her face.

Idiots like them are TOO common place in Korean. Which is why I now use a smaller grocery store near my apartment when possible. In and out quickly. Fewer mooks.

And then there is the looking in your cart bullshit they pull that Lousy brought up. Describing them as children is spot on. What the kimchi? You have to see what is in the foreigners cart?

Worst time this happened was in a Carrefour. I was in the booze section looking at wine. My cart didn't have much in it and was behind me. I heard a sound. Some asshole was actually rummaging through what was there. I gave a hearty "Ya! What are you doing?" in Korean. He gave a mook look and walked away. I go back to the wine and my mooky sense started tingling within 3 seconds. The fucker was back in my cart. This time I asked him if he wanted to be hit (in Korean) and told him to get the fuck away from my cart (in English.) He took off down the aisle to his cart. But that isn't the end of it.

It was a major grocery day. I had about 3 full bags in my cart. On the way out I stopped at a little boutique thing that was selling hair stuff. Bourettes, pins, things like that. My cart was close to me, less than a foot away. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a Korean woman slowly edging her way towards my cart. She was oblivious to the fact I could see her. When she got to the cart she immediately started looking through a bag. Not grabbing something and running. LOOKING. What the kimchi? I quickly turned around and started yelling at her. She gave that mookish look and just walked away.

What the kimchi is their obsession with what is in our carts? It is bad enough when your stuff is sitting in a cart. But bagged and paid for and the bitch starts looking through the bags? It really does seem like most Koreans have no sense of personal property or privacy. Bunch of fucking mooks.

4 comments:

  1. When they don't move in the aisle, I simply do like them, I hit their cart with mine the strongest I can. It either puts them on their asses, or they quickly move. When in Rome, ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I hate standing around while they stare. Foreigners need stuff, too, and we're supporting your ricetarded economy by buying your cheap-made Lotte products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It can drive me to drink some days. Which may not be a bad thing. :)

    Today my mook tolerance was at an all time low. It was almost impossible to put up with it today.

    ReplyDelete