Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Don't ask if you don't want the truth!

I am a firm believer in the old adage that you should never ask a question if you don't want an honest answer. There are too many people in the world who are like that. Whether it is the girlfriend asking "How does this dress look?" Or someone asking you a more serious question.

A friend once asked me about a guy she really liked and was getting seriously involved with. Basically her question was what would I do if I was in her shoes. It turned out the guy had hidden the fact he was married. When she did find out he told her (surprise surprise) that he had left his wife and was divorcing her. Of course that was a lie, he was still with her.

The first thing that came to mind is that my friend didn't know me as well as she thought she did or she would never ask me what I would do. She would know. I would NEVER get involved with someone who is in a relationship. Friends yes. Involved no. And if they lied to me that would be it. Game over.

I tried to be politely blunt. I told her that I would run far away from the person as quickly as possible. Based on the cheating and lies there could never be a relationship with me.

Her response. "I shouldn't have asked you. You are too fucking judgemental."

Why the hell ask me for my opinion if you don't want to hear it? When you ask someone what they would do in a certain instance you are asking for their judgement. Fucking moron. If she knew me at all she should have known I would speak my mind and not be some sycophant saying yes to everything.

I don't know why people delude themselves this way. Or waste time asking a question they only want to hear one answer to. Their answer. Don't waste my time.

2 comments:

  1. That is my motto in life as well. I have learned the hard way a few too many times that you really shouldn't ask something unless you're prepared to hear something you don't want to hear.

    ReplyDelete