Thursday, February 25, 2010

What the .... bathroom!?!?

I am in shock. Almost gobsmacked, but not quite or I wouldn't be writing this now. ;)

My school moved last weekend. Not much of a move, up 2 floors. What a difference a new move can make. Overall the school is cleaner, especially the bathroom.

I don't know what it is about some places but they just cannot clean a bathroom properly. My first school cleaned the bathroom daily, but the adjumma also washed the floors with toilet water.

Until the last school I had pretty good luck. But there ... holy shit (no pun intended) the bathroom was disgusting. The bathroom is the responsibility of the building owner, not the businesses that are on the floors. Unfortunately the bathroom on EVERY floor is public access and always unlocked. The owner only has them cleaned once a week.

There is an after birth hospital below us and rather than sully the works there parents would come up to our floor and leave the bathroom in a disgusting state. It ALWAYS stank of urine, sour kimchi, and often times shit. Once someone threw up in both stalls and it took the building owner a FUCKING WEEK to get it cleaned. It was so bad the smell was starting to coming into the school itself. (I still think my boss got it cleaned in the end and is just letting the owner save face.)

If the kids, or one of these ricetards who came up to our floor, clogged the toilet it could take a week to get it fixed. Many is the time you would go in for a piss and start gagging, have to pull your shirt up to cover your nose, from the stink. I actually hoped people would smoke in the bathroom because it would detract from the odour if I had to use the facilities. Fucking disgusting shit hole. I have been in outhouses that were cleaner.

Now the situation has changed. Hopefully for good. No more ricetards drifting up to use our bathroom. After almost a week of use it still smells fairly normal for a bathroom. No more gagging.

Now if it just stays that way.

6 comments:

  1. God I can so relate to that, although it's just our own students who stink up the bathroom so bad. The other day I was feeling ill so I went to the bathroom and the smell was what pushed me over the edge and made me vomit. And the students haven't even been in the school for 2 weeks. I don't know what it is about this place and people being so scared to flush the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never worked for a school with a clean bathroom. It's like they don't give a shit about the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KRD

    Well there IS the national obsession with dung. Maybe they think it is healthy?

    I was lucky with most of my schools and the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every school I've worked for and every business I've been to has a lousy bathroom. At the schools, the students clean the bathrooms with the same dirty mops every single lousy day. It grosses me out. I once tried to teach them how to clean the mops but they looked so confused. I agree with the Scot, I have a feeling Korea doesn't actually care about the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does make you wonder if they care or not.

    ReplyDelete