Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shit Koreans Say ... about directions.

A few years back I was hired by a hagwon near Cheongju. I asked if I could live in Cheongju, eventually buy a car, and commute to work that way. My director told me quite specifically I would live near DreamPlus. DreamPlus is a shopping center right across the street from the inter-city bus terminal. Coincidentally, it is across the street from the Dunkin Donuts with the patio.

Flint's apartment was also near DreamPlus. It was about a 5+ minute walk away. Great! It is always nice to have a friend living near you.

So, I get into town, and my boss picks me up and takes me to my con-apt. It's actually more than a few blocks behind the "Kiss" nightclub, which is more than a few blocks away from Dreamplus.
Flint calls and says "Lets meet at Dunkins. Where is your apartment?"
The truth floored him. My con-apt was as close to DreamPlus as his hagwon was. His hagwon was about a 20-25 minute walk one way, while my apartment was about a 20 minute walk the OTHER way.

Yes, my boss considered a 20 minute walk away to be "near" DreamPlus. The apartment wasn't even in the same Dong!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stig hijacked my post! :) Strange though ... because I started the post it has my name attached even though Stig posted it.

    And he said Dong.

    ReplyDelete